Alex Inc.

One of Braff’s opening scenes in the new show, Alex Inc. photographed by Tony Rivetti.

Nicole Gagnon, Photojournalist

Just recently, Zach Braff’s new show Alex Inc., hit the television channel, ABC, on March 28 at 8:30 ET, and has taken awe to audiences watching it at home. Previously, Braff starred on the sensational show, Scrubs, which lasted for a total of nine seasons. In this television series, he was able to adapt himself as a star and the fans adored him. This new show is his chance to make a reappearance on television.

Braff’s new show incorporates ideas that not many other shows have done before. Instead of being a cheesy love story, or just a simple comedy, this show is an American sitcom that takes up an unordinary plot. Zach Braff, also known as Alex, quits his steady job as a radio journalist in order to take on a new challenge and pursue his dream as an entrepreneur. He wants excitement in his life and desires to begin his own podcast with his producer, Deirdre, played by Hillary Anne Matthews, along with his cousin, Eddie, played by Michael Imperioli. One small catch is that his producer is madly in love with him, and his cousin seems to be a know it all business-savvy, which leads to a dysfunctional group. Although Alex thought this task would be simple, he comes to discover that it is extremely more difficult than what he planned for.

Balancing a brand new job, and a family consisting of a wife and two kids causes slight chaos for Braff. More importantly, this show touches upon having two equally hard-working parents and reveals how sometimes kids and time management may seem difficult but brings light to solutions to each obstacle.

After talking to a few students at Yorba Linda High School, Daniela Zirkle (12), a fan of Braff’s original show Scrubs, and an even bigger fan of Braff himself, says that she is “excited to see what this new show has to offer to audiences.” Several other students have fell in love with Zach Braff’s character and cannot wait to see how he develops a new one in Alex Inc.

Not only is Braff recreating himself on his television show, but he is re establishing his career as an actor with his new series. This show provides people with the idea to take risks and go for whatever it is one desires. Although there may be challenges to face, in the long run, the outcome will outweigh the hardships.