YLHS Lacrosse Brings Home the Wins

Allie Steward, Photojournalist

Yorba Linda High School Lacrosse has been tearing up the field this season! If you are looking for a way to become more spirited and become more involved in Yorba Linda High School, going out and supporting YLHS Lacrosse at their games is the place you should be! All lacrosse teams are in the middle of their seasons and have been doing very well.

The lacrosse teams are always looking for new players as this sport is newer. Unlike basketball or soccer, less experience is necessary because of how new the sport is. Although this sport is more recently developed, the coaches give it their all to make sure each player learns and lives up to their full potential. If you’re looking for a sport to join next year make sure you check out this great opportunity to exercise, get involved, and meet new people.

Women’s lacrosse is doing great this year. Both the JV and Varsity teams are paving the way for future Yorba Linda LAX teams to be even more successful. The girls travel around Southern California to play in tournaments and games. The beating hot sun has not stopped our ladies from dominating on the field. Our JV team won every one of their league games so far! They’re going to be a force to reckon with in a few years. Olivia Steward (9) says she “loves being a part of the lacrosse family” and can’t wait to see “how much the team improves over the next few years”. The girls JV team has won ten out of their twelve games so far and varsity has won four out of eight games.

The Men’s teams are also tearing up the field. This year, the boys have been working hard all season to do as well as they can in games, and it’s showing through. With their hard work and determination, they will be able to keep bringing home the wins. Boys JV has seven wins and two losses and varsity has eight wins and three losses!

Lacrosse games are multiple times a week, so don’t worry if you can’t make it to one! Our Mustangs need our support to make the Stable as loud as we can. Seniors will definitely not want to miss any opportunities as their last year here at YL draws to a close. Keep up that Mustang spirit and cheer for one of the lasts sports seasons of the year!

Lacrosse has become more popular than ever in the recent years. What started with just a few students in the program at YLHS has turned into a major sport. You won’t want to miss a game this season. These players will have you on the edge of your seat.