Student Spotlight: Jennifer De Castro

Jennifer is a senior at YLHS

Jennifer is a senior at YLHS

Cheyenne Ayyoub

Cheyenne Ayyoub

Jennifer is a senior at YLHS

Alexis Wilens, Photojournalist

Many students at YLHS contribute positively to our school, and Jennifer De Castro (12) is for sure one you should know about. She is a student who is dedicated to making the most out of her time at YLHS. Her current goal in life is to “finish her senior year on a high note and make it the best year ever.”

Jennifer has made many contributions to our school and community. She was a part of We Club, Fashion Club, CSF, and is now the co treasure in the With Hope Club. Also, she was in Link crew, where she worked to make the freshman feel at home at school. She believes that there is no such thing as being too involved. In her free time, she volunteers at Bread of Angels, where she feeds homeless people. On campus, she works hard with her color guard team to represent our school in a positive way. She has been in color guard since the sixth grade and has been on the YLHS team for all four years. This year she is one of the captains. She says it “can be a lot of work, but she still loves it.” With her team, she has worked at many car wash fundraisers. While having countless assemblies and competitions to perform at, she never lets it overwhelm her, and she never loses love for the sport. She is a great role model for her teammates as she never gives up on anything. Kylie Yum (12) states that Jennifer is “the most dedicated person she knows.”

She has had many academic accomplishments as well. She helped win a Marching Award for band and guard. In addition, she has won the Academic Mustang Achievement Award her freshman and sophomore year. Currently, she is a straight-A student. Because of her passion for learning, she has taken nine AP and Honors classes total throughout her four years here. She is looking forward to using the knowledge she has gained at this school towards college. Whatever and wherever she chooses to study, it is clear that she will have no problem excelling in it. Alex Lee (12) states that she believes Jennifer to be “one of the hardest workers she knows.”

Jennifer’s positive attitude and hard work have helped her become the incredible person she is today. Not only is she a good student and member of the community, but also a great friend. Her successes in Highschool are surely a reflection of her character.