How To Live A Healthy Life Style

photo courtesy of hortica.com

From a young age, we have been told to eat our fruits, vegetables, drink a lot of water and get our daily exercise. But as you get older, many people began to neglect their health. They start developing bad habits not just with eating choices but with habits that are harmful to your health.

There are many ways to maintain a healthy lifestyle, starting with a healthy diet. Firstly,  is very important to eat breakfast. By eating breakfast in the morning it increases your metabolism causing your body to burn more fat. You can eat eggs with fruit, oatmeal, whole wheat toast with avocado and a little bit of olive oil. If you’re not – much of a breakfast person you can grab a fruit or a granola bar. Even though you ate healthy in the morning you should continue those healthy habits throughout the day. It is important to include good fats in your diet. We always tend to have those bad fat cravings such as fries, burgers, chicken strips etc, when you can replace those bad fats with good fats such as avocado, red meat, any type of nuts etc.

Working to meet your fitness goals, ideal weight or just be healthier, exercise is very important and a key necessity to live a healthier lifestyle. It is required to have at least 60 minutes of physical activity. It’s good for your body, mind, metabolism and helps you stay in shape. You can exercise by taking yoga classes, pilates, talking a walk or jog around your neighborhood or even by walking your dog. Many people, however, prefer to go to the gym. Not only can you run to the gym via treadmill,  but they also have equipment you can use to tone up your body and meet other fitness expectations.

Next, you can’t forget one of the most important things: water our bodies need water to live and function. Water not only hydrates our bodies but cleans out and detoxes our bodies. Depending on your weight it is good to drink about a gallon of water a day. It gives a glow to your skin and also helps with acne.

As the new year is coming up many students are motivating themselves and their bodies to be the most fit they can be. Around this time of year many people set resolutions, follow fitness inspirational people, and head to the gym more often. Why not start your new year with a healthy and positive attitude. Alexia Kallah(12) states “ I have recently been eating healthier and I and my mom have been going to the gym more often, as it has been getting closer to the holidays and New Years I see more people coming in.” Clearly, everyone is ready for the holidays. But you can’t just do this for a short amount of time. Try to always have a positive and healthy lifestyle. It will benefit you in many ways.