“Whatever It Takes” to Evolve

Imagine Dragons rocked the Honda Center on November 16 with its final performance of the North American Evolve album tour.

Ethan Miller

Jaylin Mandley, Editor

Evolve and be transformed by Imagine Dragons’ new Evolve album and world tour. Before this exciting new album and tour was released, Imagine Dragons had dispensed the hit songs “Believer” and “Thunder” a few weeks before the announcement of the Evolve album and tour. While they were presented to fans only as previews to the productions that were yet to come, these two songs rapidly became fan favorites as they made it on the Billboard Top 100. Before the title of the Evolve album and tour were unveiled on May 9, 2017, the band announced its release of their new song “Whatever It Takes” earlier that day to start pumping up their fans for the big reveal. Fans were ecstatic when it was finally announced that the alternative-rock band would perform their Evolve World Tour in 31 North American states.

Starting on September 26 in Phoenix, Arizona, and ending in local Anaheim, California, at the Honda Center, the Evolve tour arrived in several states across the United States with the soulful and drum-powered melodies the band creates that attracts the attention of millions of fans.

Much of the band’s inspiration for its new songs comes from the extreme highs and severe lows that go along with traveling on tour. Even to frontman and singer of the band, Dan Reynolds, he relays, “Going up to my hotel room to work on new songs became something I looked forward to every night on tour.” In their albums of the past, Imagine Dragons has been able to infuse the chaotic energy of life into lyrics sung by Dan Reynolds, guitar keys stroked by Wayne Sermon, bass chords produced by Ben McKee, and drum beats meant to rock any building by Daniel Platzman.

Several students at Yorba Linda High School attended the band’s concert at the Honda Center in Anaheim on November 16. Lauren Fitts (12) illustrates how exciting her concert experience was by explaining that “the band was so full of energy and passion,” and because of the band’s lively spirit, Lauren admits, “it was probably my favorite concert I’ve ever been to.” The next day, students who went to the concert were proud to sport their Imagine Dragon merchandise at school.

Imagine Dragons has such a positive message in all of their songs that inspire people to persevere even in the toughest of situations. The song “Radioactive” became their first hit many years ago, but fast forward to now, and this band has grown immensely in its ability to move people and evolve their thoughts through lyrics.