Meeting Alex Lee

The Next Star

Alex Lee poses for a photo during a photo shoot in Las Vegas

Morgan Lui

Morgan Lui

Allie Steward, Photojournalist

Alex Lee (12), a YLHS senior, is best know as one of the anchors on the school’s broadcast, Mustang Mix. This is Alex’s second year being an anchor for the broadcast. As well as this, she is also one of the producers for the Mustang Mix class. Film Production and Acting have been two of Alex’s passions since she was a little girl.

For a while, Lee had given up her dreams of being a star and exchanged her red carpet for a blue mat. Cheerleading had taken over her life. Having been a cheerleader for four years, Alex was hesitant on giving up acting to pursue cheer when freshman year rolled around. By junior year, Alex was one of the captains of the varsity cheer squad and was sure she had made the right choice. Throughout the year, Alex suffered from two different concussions which ended her cheerleading career.

Like most young children, Alex dreamed of being an actress. Unlike most children, she is taking the steps to pursue this career. After her cheer career came to a halt, Alex bounced right back into her dreams of being an actress. She has attended two of the New York Film Academy acting camps, is involved in theatre at Yorba Linda, has starred in several short films made by various young filmmakers, co-owns and owns two different YouTube channels, and is an anchor on Mustang Mix.

Alex hopes to attend Chapman University in the fall with a major in On Screen Acting. I think most people who have seen her act would agree that if anyone can make it, it’s her. She also represents the Asian community which is highly disregarded in Hollywood. One of Alex’s goals is to bring about more roles to the Asian community throughout films in Hollywood.

Alex Lee is the most passionate, driven, hard working person I personally have ever met. I sincerely hope she makes it in this business. Lee admits that she wants to pursue acting not only because she loves being able to completely embody someone else, but because she “wants to change the way people see the world.”

Her name will one day be in shining lights. Someone with so much passion and talent deserves to make it in this world. Not only this but she is also an amazing person to be friends with. Get to know her now, before she’s a star you wish you could meet.