Student Spotlight: Beth Conrad

Beth+Conrad.
Beth Conrad.

Beth Conrad.

Beth Conrad.

Beth Conrad.

Beth Conrad.

Gabby McCutchan, Photojournalist

Perceived as one of the most supportive, loving, and outstanding freshmen at Yorba High, Beth Conrad gives off an aura that is unlike any other. Beth has an amazing ability to put effort into every single piece of work that she’s assigned, and she also retains incredible knowledge for almost every subject. Lisa Samy (9) had only positive comments about her peer. “Beth has always been a helpful and considerate classmate. She is an extremely hard worker who always tries her best.”

When it comes to clubs, extracurricular activities, sports, and other school involvements, many freshmen tend to shy away from anything that requires the extra skill that it takes to maintain the schedule. Instead, Beth chooses to embrace challenges and always try new things. Within these activities, she sets goals for herself in order to make her high school experience as memorable as possible.  Beth Conrad (9) explains, “I am part of the band here at our high school. I play the clarinet and am currently first chair. I hope to become section leader sometime in the future. I am also part of the Bible Club and The Fellowship of Christian Athletes.”

To pinpoint a specific part of high school that Beth tends to enjoy, she would choose the connection. Although the students that roam the halls at YL all lead different lives and set different goals, we all come together in the end to raise school spirit and participate in school activities. Beth believes that a good example of this was the football game played against Esperanza. “Playing with the band that game I saw how connected this school actually is. We were there playing to excite the crowd while cheer performed along to our pep tunes. The students in the crowd were there to support the football team, and we all showed our school spirit by coming together and donating canned foods, resulting in our victory against Esperanza.”

When it comes to the academic aspect of high school, Beth strives for perfection, and only perfection. She keeps her work space organized at all times, and keeps a planner that assists her to complete her assignments on time when due, and to also get ahead on upcoming projects. Beth creates a checklist that she can keep track of that will not only help her with her school life, but she explains how it helps her manage her time effectively so that she has time for her extracurricular activities.

When asked about who her source of motivation was, Beth immediately answered, “Frau Picciotta has impacted me the most this year. She is such an amazing and sweet teacher. Everyday I look forward to German because I know Frau will be teaching something new and exciting. The genuine care she takes in teaching and explaining concepts to her students shows me that she truly cares for us.”

The mark Beth plans to leave at Yorba Linda High School is one that she says involves encouragement and love. She would like every person who steps foot on our campus to know how much they are loved and cared for. Beth wants to show the world that our school is a beautiful place where people can be accepted for who they are, and be loved because of that. She wants everyone to feel safe and loved no matter what, whenever they are here at Yorba Linda High School.